Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Beautiful Morning on the River

Going down the Han River every morning to run has become a big part of my daily routine and the river, in general, is a big part of Seoul. It's been especially beautiful these past few mornings with the temperature hovering around the freezing mark and the air crisp and sky blue. I've written briefly about the river before, about it's wonderful biking and walking paths and convenient outdoor gyms and rest stops, but I haven't really posted any pictures of it. Although it's surrounding by freeways, off-ramps, the subway line and bridges that are sometimes packed with cars, down along the water is a great place to begin each day.

View from the Hannam Bridge

About three quarters of the way around my loop.

I cross two bridges along my loop and this is the second oe
with a wonderful lower level for biking and foot traffic.

The home stretch.

  This has been my gym for the past four months. What a view!

I've also been conducting an experiment: 
Can working out the old fashioned way, with push-ups, crunches and lunges
be just as effective as what is offered in a gym?

So after running I do crunches on the bench looking things above and pushups on these things.
I've been doing this since I arrived and now that the mercury is hovering around 30 degrees,
it's quite exhilarating. When you have to wear gloves at the gym there's a real sense of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment