Tuesday, November 8, 2011

From One Great City to Another

I'm deep into the Michael Lewis book "Moneyball" (now a major motion picture that even Grandma Jones has seen). I never knew the business of baseball, the Oakland A's, and RBI's versus um, other baseball stat acronyms could be so fascinating. So fascinating in fact that I've gotten half-way through the book in two days. Quite an accomplishment, if I don't say so myself, especially since the last baseball game I went to I fell asleep at...only after missing an inside-the-park home run due to reading a book. From what I hear inside-the-park home runs don't happen that often. RCP never took me to another Met's game after that.

Anyway, due to this ferocious appetite to learn about the business of baseball, I have another cop out post but interesting none-the-less because apparently there are 50 reasons why Seoul is the world's greatest city....according to Asian tourists....so I think there might be just a tad bit of cultural bias in this declaration. Nonetheless, I think you'll  find some reasons familiar from other posts, some things might make no sense at all unless you live here, but all are definitely interesting. Take note, Reason #4 is where I run every day, Reason #26 was Michael Jackson's favorite dish?!, Reason #39 Rich has actually accomplished, and Reason #45 I can readily attest to. So yes, Seoul is a pretty cool place, where anyone can partake in the "coolness" on a regular basis. NYC, you may now have some competition in the "World's Greatest City" category. 

No comments:

Post a Comment