Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pork: The Other White Meat

As promised, here are images of the largest market eatery in Seoul.

The food alley is lined with hundreds of stalls selling various foods. The dishes are offered at modest prices, including extra large Korean mung bean pancakes, bori bibimbap (barley rice with wild vegetables), and popular snacks such as a quick noodle meal, Korean sausage and much more. On average, these meals can cost anywhere from $2-$5. There were also stalls with a plethora of sundry items, kinda like CVS.

No, I didn't indulge my taste buds. Sorry to disappoint.


Tough day at the fruit stand.

Food stall, after food stall, after food stall.

Mung bean pancakes, I think.

No one's eating here, must not be that great.

Who can spot the pig's snout?

There it is! Tongue and all.

Looks like Texas BBQ! Maybe it tastes like pulled pork.

So many menu options!

Buffet!

Meat? Maybe.

Most appetizing option at the whole market.

The kimchi market.

Fresh, all-natural kimchi.


Kind of like a CVS

More than likely these stalls carry these items at incredible discounts, compared to a normal store. I'm just not sure I have the patience to shop like this. There's something to be said for organized shelves and the store being across the street (not on the other side of the mountain). But I'm sure RCP will enjoy a trip here, if only to feel like he's getting a deal.

Everything you could need....and all in one place. Literally.

How bout some Velveeta to go with that Hershey bar?

Looking at this picture I really should have bought that Lipton tea up at the top. 
I'm beginning to think that the Lipton Instant variety is not that good for you.

She's merchandising with that tong-like tool....
and I thought there was no rhyme or reason to the product placement. Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment